Who are our 2021 Prayer Chaplains?
Rosa Rubay, LUT, Coordinator
What is a Prayer Chaplain?
A Prayer Chaplain is:
- Someone who is available to support others on their spiritual journey.
- Someone who creates and holds sacred space.
- Someone who lovingly listens and holds what is heard in the strictest of confidence.
- Someone who prays with others.
What Is the Prayer Chaplain Program?
A Prayer Chaplain Program is a service opportunity for our congregants who desire to take the next step in the development of their spiritual maturity and level of commitment in their spiritual growth. It is a unique service that differs from many of the other volunteer opportunities in terms of commitment level and responsibilities.
Prayer Chaplains make a one-year commitment in fulfilling their duties. These duties include (but are not limited to)
- Monthly on-duty services (available for one-on-one prayer with congregants following services)
- Monthly wellness calling sessions
- In-service monthly Prayer Chaplain meeting
- Attend annual Prayer Chaplain training
Are you looking for a way to extend your heart, hands and feet in order to do pastoral care? Unity of Fayetteville's Prayer Chaplain Program will accomplish all this while helping the people in our ministry to feel “connected” and in relationship with one another.
If you are interested in joining our Prayer Chaplain team, please contact us by clicking here Prayer