2023 Prayer Chaplains
Theresa Wohlfeld Coordinator
Richard Drapeau Aurora Sage
Saundra Patterson Della Sarathi
What is a Prayer Chaplain?
A Prayer Chaplain is:
- Someone who is available to support others on their spiritual journey.
- Someone who creates and holds sacred space.
- Someone who lovingly listens and holds what is heard in the strictest of confidence.
- Someone who prays with others.
What Is the Prayer Chaplain Program?
A Prayer Chaplain Program is a service opportunity for our congregants who desire to take the next step in the development of their spiritual maturity and level of commitment in their spiritual growth. It is a unique service that differs from many of the other volunteer opportunities in terms of commitment level and responsibilities.
Prayer Chaplains make a one-year commitment in fulfilling their duties. These duties include (but are not limited to)
- Monthly on-duty services (available for one-on-one prayer with congregants following services)
- Monthly wellness calling sessions
- In-service monthly Prayer Chaplain meeting
- Attend annual Prayer Chaplain training